September 17th marks the 235th anniversary of the signing of the Constitution in Philadelphia by delegates of 12 states. It is our solemn opportunity to celebrate Constitution Day!
Do you know?
- We have an enduring Constitution. Since the Bill of Rights (over 200 years), it has only been amended 16 times.
- Our Constitution limits the federal government to specific “enumerated” powers, empowering citizens to broad areas of self-government.
- Scholars have determined that our Constitution is based upon the principles of the Bible. That is why John Adams, our second President stated:
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.“
- Founding Father Noah Webster also believed in the Biblical basis of our government. He wrote:
“The religion which has introduced civil liberty (in America), is the religion of Christ and his apostles… to this we owe our free constitutions of government.“
Constitution Day provides an opportunity to Teach the Children:
- Those who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
- You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it. John Adams.
- Keep the flame burning in your heart—the Spirit of Liberty.