Commit your works to the Lord and your plans will be established.Proverbs 16:3
Leading and directing your school in these challenging times can seem overwhelming, so why add one more task to your to-do list? Simply, if you are not making communicating your mission a priority, you will not grow or achieve the vision and purpose God has given you.
If you confuse your brand you will confuse your customers. The FACE Marketing Boot Camp for Christian Schools is designed to help meet the immediate needs of our schools in marketing their missions to their respective communities both internal and external. The FACE Marketing Boot Camp is a two-day, hands-on workshop that will provide you with the basic knowledge to help move your school forward in 2021.
Topics to be covered:
- Marketing vs branding, what and why
- Your mission and brand “promise”
- Principle Approach marketing and why it is different
- Identifying and speaking to your community
- Internal marketing for retention of families and students
- External marketing for recruitment and community relations
- Identify unconscious ‘marketing’ activity and how to make it positive
- Messaging your mission distinctly in 30 seconds or less
- Student performance
- Budgets and marketing/media calendars:
- Social Media
- Traditional Media
- Public Relations
- Donor Relations
- Collateral (reports, newsletters, brochures, direct mail, etc.)
- Open Houses
- Special Days
Participants to provide:
- Your school’s current situation (academic results, PEERS Test scores, parent surveys, etc.)
- Current marketing materials; school calendar; marketing calendar
- Anecdotal evidence such as testimonies, personal stories, etc.
- Current school’s business/marketing/fundraising plan
- Branding, vision, mission statements
Thursday and Friday, January 21—22, 2021 from 8:30 am til 4:30 pm, 6:30-8:30 pm.
Travel should be scheduled on Wednesday and Saturday with 3 nights in Virginia.
All sessions are “hands-0n” and include individual practical exercises
Who should attend:
The FACE Marketing Boot Camp is open to all Christian School Administrators, Marketing and Public Relation Directors, and key decision makers.
Presenters and mentors include: Carole Adams (FACE), Carey Woodruff (FACE), Max Lyons (FACE), Mike Myers of Dayspring Christian Academy, Keith and Linda Andrus of Ethicom Associates.
- Tuition is $300 for first participant, plus $50 for each additional person from the same school
- Lunch, drinks and snacks provided each day
- FACE will provide/find housing and local transportation
- Transportation to Chesapeake is the responsibility of participants.
To register e-mail Max Lyons or call 757-488-6601. Your registration must be completed by January 15, 2021.
We find that marketing works the way grass grows. You can never see it, but every week you have to mow the lawn.Andy Tarshis, A.C. Nielsen Company